Job Summary: Business Analyst
Business analyst supports our client management and senior analyst teams across a wide range of areas, including business assessments, program ROI evaluations, develop pricing models, margin and discount analysis, marketing/media ROI performance, social media research and analytics. The position will be a key shared resource for the client management team. This position will interface with all levels of the company and provide valuable input to decision making. This is a key position within the company and the person in this position can make a direct and immediate impact on the future of Czar Metrics. This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual interested in learning the mechanics of a business and becoming a strategic part of a growing and dynamic team. Czar Metrics provides analytical and strategic insights to top companies in the hospitality industry and beyond. The ideal candidate has a proven record supporting in-depth quantitative analytical and research studies and a precise understanding of how to leverage findings to drive profitability and process improvements.
This role is responsible for analytical assessments as delegated by the team in contributing to the overall project analysis for assigned clients, including business intelligence software, excel workbooks and Powerpoint presentation compilation of analysis details and summary findings. The candidate will also provide administrative support to senior management as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Analyzing and understanding historical business data for detecting previously unknown trends and rules.
- Run price elasticity, forecasting, optimization and simulation models using Excel, Tableau, other.
- Evaluate model performance and fine-tune as necessary.
- Eliciting and documenting business problem and requirements from (internal) customer.
- Communicate model business reports with business owners.
- Organize and maintain master files/client reports.
- Clearly document data sources used for analysis, outline assumptions and notate nuances of data in order to provide context to the recipient.
- Interface with all levels of the organization in completing project work assigned.
- Participate in the development of systems and standards of operation as needed.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics/Economics/Business/Quantitative Finance/ Operations Research or Management Science (Master’s preferred).
- Undergraduate or Graduate student well versed and enthusiastic about big data.
- Knowledge of Access and statistical modeling a plus.
- Familiarity with a variety of research methodologies like consumer panel, linear / logistic regression, pricing, econometric and forecasting analytics and simulation modeling.
- Advanced skills in Excel.
- Industry experience (hospitality, business analysis, restaurants, retail) desirable.
- Ability and/or interest in learning Tableau.
- Comfortable with ambiguity, ability and initiative to ask the right questions.
- Ability to make sense of raw data sources and reign in and organize into clean, clearly identifiable data sets and resources.
- Experience planning, conducting, analyzing, and presenting research.
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams, using research to address business needs and making actionable recommendations based on research findings.
- Must be able to take responsibility for completion of a project with multiple parts and work collaboratively with other team members and research suppliers to ensure project meets deadlines and budgets.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing with persons having diverse backgrounds of knowledge and experience; ability to communicate in a way that is clear, convincing, articulate, and well organized. Proactively seeks new information and shares knowledge with others.
- Must be extremely well organized, analytical and capable of handling multiple ad hoc requests for information simultaneously.
- Excellent presentation and writing skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Comfortable with the mundanity of data moving, sorting and organizing.
- Skilled at working well with others; team player.
- Adjust to a fluctuating work load; withstand pressure of deadlines, operating problems and interpersonal dynamics; organize and manage time and resources; establish priorities and coordinate work on many projects simultaneously.
- Self-directed and able to work independently, retaining flexibility in working methods, schedules and travel.
- Ability to apply good judgment, analyze data, and interpret results yielding varying outcomes
Interested parties should apply by filling out the Business Analyst Survey.